GRUB

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Sun Jan 27 19:58:55 UTC 2008

Les Mikesell wrote:

> I thought ide drivers were normally included in the kernel - maybe that
> has changed.  In any case, the boot should proceed to load the kernel
> and fail at the point where it needs to mount the root partition.  It
> doesn't sound like it is getting that far.

The Fedora kernels have not included the IDE drivers for a while
now. I know FC6 kernels did not include them. As for how far the
kernel is getting, I am not sure when it produces the first output,
or what output Karl was getting, if any. It was probably something
on the order of "it didn't work".

Mikkel