Good bye

Dave Ihnat dihnat at dminet.com
Thu Jan 31 00:17:34 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jan 30, 2008 at 01:21:08PM -0500, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> i was going to take the high road but ... oh, what the hell.

I just have two observations; one specific to Karl, a second to Linux
in general:

  o Despite everything, some people are going to miss him just because he
    was a nucleation point for...stuff.  Love or hate it, but.

  o I've worked on Unix since around 1980, Linux since around 1994.
    Different distros, different details, but once you get used to
    dealing with the various Unix/Linux distros, who cares what they
    change; it's all variations on a theme.  I don't have a problem
    dealing with multiple distros and platforms.

Cheers,
--
	Dave Ihnat
	President, DMINET Consulting, Inc.