Good bye

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 17:39:46 UTC 2008

On 31/01/2008, Craig White <craig at tobyhouse.com> wrote:

> As for Karl's issue with pulseaudio, it stems from the his requirement
> of Skype which has their own timetable for releases.

Not to start another pulseaudio thread, but I'm still wondering
why it should work for some people and not others, provided
the underlying ALSA drivers work (maybe that's a tall order).
F8, Skype works fine for me with PA, both on the laptop's
built-in mic/speakers and a USB handset.  Rhythmbox,
mplayer and xine work.  But clearly they don't for others,
who /are/ able to get sound if they take PA out, very odd.

(Realplayer is the one app I've found that doesn't like it,
but it seems to be trying to issue some hardware command
to ALSA.  Hmm, just had a thought about that...)

--
imalone