Wide, flat, & weird : HP w2207h with F8 & F9

Beartooth Beartooth at swva.net
Wed Jul 2 19:25:55 UTC 2008

On Tue, 01 Jul 2008 23:33:55 +0200, Björn Persson wrote:
	[...]
> The DMI data doesn't come from the various pieces of hardware
> themselves. It's all stored in a memory on the motherboard, so it
> doesn't necessarily have anything to do with what hardware is actually
> installed. It seems only big corporations have tools to write to the DMI
> memory.
>
>> 	Is there something else I should be looking for?? What I know of
>> hardware would go in a gnat's eye -- and never discommode the gnat.
>
> Try running lspci and looking for words like "display", "graphics" and
> "VGA".

	On the #1 machine :

[root at localhost btth]# lspci|grep VGA
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. K8M890
[Chrome9] Integrated Video (rev 01)
[root at localhost btth]#

	But there is later, better info -- which I have just posted here,
under the thread "Re: Fedora 9 Openchrome drv HP w2207h Monitor"