CD/DVD writing

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Sun Jul 6 02:01:23 UTC 2008

Jeffrey Ross writes:

> Is it just me or did something get broken in the last kernel for F9
> (x86_64) for CD/DVD writing?
>
> I am unable to write to DVD's with 2.6.25.9-76.fc9.x86_64 but I have no
> problems with 2.6.25.6-55.fc9.x86_64
>
> K3B complains that it is unable to prevent disk ejection (or something
> like that)
>
> Thoughts?

Come on. If everyone's DVD burning stopped working with the new kernel, I'd
expect to hear people screaming about it a long time ago. Obviously this
issue affects your particular hardware/software configuration. But, since
you neglected to describe your hardware, and did not post what, if anything,
you get in your log files (/var/log/messages, etc..) your chances of getting
help are rather slim.