Latest updates break graphic start of Fedora

Antonio M antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Sun Jul 6 13:58:00 UTC 2008

2008/7/6 Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com>:
> On Sunday 06 July 2008 14:21:03 Antonio M wrote:
>> my problems started when I installed some packages from test-update (I
>> didn't realize that repo of test-update was active).
>> Fortunately I installed kernel from F10 that makes my system fully
>> operating. I will wait for new standard F9  updates that should work
>> also with F9 kernels (that are not working!!!).
>> I hope that the developer take account of these problems in
>> test-updates (not in F10 that is running fine on this same system)
>
> You do realise that F10 is rawhide - a testing installation that is guaranteed
> to break from time to time?  You should not be running *anything* from F10
> unless you fully accept responsibility for a broken system.  You have been
> warned.
>
> Anne
>
> --

Of course I know what I am doing. I have F9 systems running fine, I am
testing F10 (that has never broken---I am using it in the office for
office works with some attention, data are not stored on that system).
And any F10 system is a F9 system with rawhide repo activated...
My idea on this particular system is that some update from test-update
(from F9) is preventing F9 to run properly i.e.if I remove the only
F10 package (kernel) I have a non working system .
And if nobody tests package in updates-testing and reports breakages,
how can Fedora be tested?? :-))

--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag