cdrecord permission problems

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Mon Jul 7 00:32:34 UTC 2008

Mike Chambers wrote:
> I can't seem to use anything to burn a cd, thinking permission problems?
> I don't know why it would be that, if it is the problem, as I didn't
> change anything to do it.
>
> Anyway, when trying with k3b (I mainly just use nautilus and right click
> on the file to write to disc), I got this debug message..

Note that cdrecord doesn't come with Fedora, there is a link by that
name which leads to wodim. The usual drill is to change group on
"cdrecord" to a new group, make the owner root, change perms to 4754,
and it should work. I highly advise downloading the real cdrecord rather
than using the "looks like" version.

I've said this here before...

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>