That thread - Any hope of KDE 3.5 in F10?

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Mon Jul 7 03:13:01 UTC 2008

pds wrote:

> When features are in KDE3.5 work better than the newer version, I'll ask
> for the older version back anytime.  You want specific examples:

And there are a multitude of specific examples where kde4 is better.  This is certainly not constructive feedback.  Sigh, if you like kde3, fine, stick with Fedora 8.

> I also think a complete previous revision should be supplied until the
> next revision is functionally equivalent.  This will give USER the
> choice

Please read the FAQ again.  I would *love* to be able to provide just that, and asked developers point-blank if this is something possible(1) or supported.  Answer was no.
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/KDE/KDE4FAQ

(1) without horrible hacks or FHS violations.

-- Rex