valgrind error on F9 (x86_64)

Globe Trotter itsme_410 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 7 03:41:36 UTC 2008

Hi,

So, I have been unable to get valgrind to do anything.

I install valgrind using yum and valgrind.x86_64 1:3.3.0-3 is installed.

Next I run

% valgrind ./testprogram (where testprogram is an executable)

valgrind: failed to start tool 'memcheck' for platform 'x86-linux': No such file or directory

I have no clue what is going on here. So I

% locate memcheck
/usr/lib64/valgrind/amd64-linux/memcheck
/usr/lib64/valgrind/amd64-linux/vgpreload_memcheck.so

Strange: my platform is an Intel (this is a Thinkpad T61), so why this amd64-linux.

In any case, can someone please help me about my error, if any?

Best wishes,
Trotter