Re: can't get Creative Live! Cam Vista IM" to work under fc9

Andrew Gray wrote:
Hi
Anyone got a  USB "Creative Live! Cam Vista IM" to work under fc9, I am
running the 2.6.25.9-76.fc9.x86_64 kernel ? Dmesg shows :-
usb 7-2: New USB device found, idVendor=041e, idProduct=4052
usb 7-2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
usb 7-2: Product: Creative Live! Cam Vista IM

Shows up in hwbrowser  as :-

manufacturer : Creative Technology, Ltd Driver : None or Builtin --Andy0043
Thanks to the developers of fc9

I suspect you need the gspca driver for that camera (most of the
Creative Live! cameras use it).  Here's a link to the source:

	http://mxhaard.free.fr/spca50x/Download/gspcav1-20071224.tar.gz

- Rick Stevens, Systems Engineer                       rps2 nerd com -
- Hosting Consulting, Inc.                                           -
- Life:  That which happens while you search for the remote control. -