Fedora / RHE compatibility

Steve Searle steve at stevesearle.com
Tue Jul 8 21:02:09 UTC 2008

Around 09:55pm on Tuesday, July 08, 2008 (UK time), Giuseppe Sarno scrawled:

> Not quite sure what is the free in beer or free in speech :-)

free as in beer means it costs nothing.

free as in speech means you can copy it, change it, re-distribute it
(i.e. open source)

> But is this CentoOS compatible with RHE ?

Yes.

> For example what if I had binaries on compiled on RHE would they work on
> CentOS?

Yes.  It aims to be 100% binary comaptible with RHE.

Steve

--

A:  Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q:  Why is top-posting a bad thing?

 21:59:34 up 11 days, 11:50,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.04, 0.06