F9: Func and Certmaster

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Thu Jul 10 02:07:32 UTC 2008

Dan Thurman wrote:
>> I have not configured anything for certmaster - not knowing
>> anything  about it nor about func either.
>>
>> Can someone shed some advice here?
>>
> Ok, I disabled funcd in the service and I know that this has nothing
> to do with system-config-services.  It still hangs.  Different issue
> to solve.  But anyway, with funcd disabled, there is no tracebacks
> so I solved that issue for now.

I think a good question to ask is why do you have these packages
installed if you don't know what they do and you are not using them?
The more moving parts you introduce to any system, the more likely you
are to have problems with it.

Before I criticize a man, I walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he
gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot.