NetworkManager: How to set caching nameserver?

sean darcy seandarcy2 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 16:40:16 UTC 2008

NM sets my nameserver based on the isp, which is _very_ slow. I've set
up a local caching nameserver which works well. But how do I tell NM to
use 127.0.0.1??

I've set up dhclient.conf with a prepend statement. If I just run
dhclient that works, i.e. /etc/resolv.conf has the local nameserver. But
if I just start NM, it doesn't. It looks like NM tells /sbin/dhclient
not to use the .conf file.

So now I manually edit the resolv.conf file. How can I configure NM to
use the local nameserver?

sean