Wine 1 and Office 2003?

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 00:31:28 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-07-10 at 19:05 -0400, Jeffrey Ross wrote:
> Is there a replacement that will work with Exchange? or is there a
> reasonable way to get Outlook to work under Linux?

Evolution is often touted as the Outlook replacement under Linux, though
judging by the traffic on the Evo list quite a few people seem to have
trouble with it. Perhaps with MS's recent disclosure of their wire
protocols this will eventually get better. If you don't have any luck
with the standard Evo plugin, there's an alternative plugin called
Evolution-Brutus which many people are happy with, however it requires
you to have one Windows machine available, essentially as a proxy to
Exchange. (It can be a virtual machine apparently).

I *think* Outlook Express can run under Wine. Check the Wine page for
details.

poc