Why is Fedora not a Free GNU/Linux distributions?

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Sun Jul 13 20:24:31 UTC 2008

On Sun, 13 Jul 2008, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>> Wireless firmware inclusion I'd imagine.
>>
>>> How is it that Fedora is not on this list?
>>> http://www.gnu.org/links/links.html#FreeGNULinuxDistributions
>>>
>>> gNewsSense just recently came around and they are on the list. What's
>>> up with that?
>
> (please don't top post, thanks.)
>
>  wireless firmware inclusion?  in what way?  AFAIK, you still have to
> download the broadcom drivers after the fact.  has that changed while i
> wasn't looking?

 	My opinion is that it's political in nature.  GNU doesn't like Red
Hat and, by extension, anything that Red Hat contributes to.  OC, I have
absolutely no proof nor reason for this opinion.  But it's a gut feel.

--
Interesting Boring Blog - http://x-nc.blogspot.com
A combination of insight and inanity for your reading pleasure