F9 Mount iso at boot up SOLVED

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Jul 14 00:52:40 UTC 2008

Frank Murphy:
>> It was a permission thing.
>>
>> I needed in fstab:
>> /path-to/some.iso  /mnt/somewhere iso9660 user,ro,loop 0 0
>>
>> "rw" gives the permission denied

Mikkel L. Ellertson:
> It sounds like the system does not like you trying to mount a
> read-only device read-write. That makes sense.

I haven't put entries in the fstab file to automount an ISO each boot,
but when I've mounted an ISO from a command line, I've never had to
specify read-only, it managed to work that out for itself.  And I would
have thought that the iso9660 filetype would have read-only as its
default options.

I'm wondering if Frank had actually specified "rw" or just thought it
was the default when neither "ro" or "rw" were specified?

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.9-76.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.