Fedora 9 'git' source kernel ??

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Mon Jul 14 18:07:02 UTC 2008

Thanks Todd;

On Mon, 2008-07-14 at 13:43 -0400, Todd Zullinger wrote:
> William Case wrote:

> If you want to explore the kernel tree that makes up the kernel you
> are running in Fedora, you probably want to follow the steps at:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/CustomKernel
>
> On the other hand, if you want to study the vanilla kernel sources and
> be able to read the logs of changes made, then cloning the kernel's
> git repository would be better.  You can clone Linus' tree via:

I am in the process of trying to make up my mind which would be most
useful to me.  Exploring the vanilla kernel, or the source for what I
have on my machine.  At this point I only want to look-and-see, not
build. Building will come later for me, I am sure.

> git clone git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git
>
> (Either of these methods take up several hundred megabytes.)
>
> --
Regards Bill;
Fedora 9, Gnome 2.22.3
Evo.2.22.3.1, Emacs 22.2.1