Time differential problem

Steve Lindemann steve at marmot.org
Wed Jul 16 20:47:22 UTC 2008

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> Casartello, Thomas wrote:
>> This is probably not the proper place to ask this. It’s more of just a
>> curiosity question just if anyone has any thoughts. I have a piece of
>> software (Cisco Wireless Control System) installed on a Fedora 9 box.
>> The time on my box is correct (daylight savings time) but the time in
>> the WCS interface is wrong (It’s one hour slow. It’s obviously not
>> taking DST into account.) The software has a builtin apache server
>> where the timestamps in the logs are correct. The timestamp’s in the
>> apache TOMCAT logs are not correct (same as in the WCS interface.) It
>> seems to be heavily java based so maybe it’s a java issue.
>>
>> If anyone has a thought, it’d be much appreciated,
>>
>> Tom
>>
> Is there any time zone setting in the Cisco program's configuration? It
> sounds like it may be using a fixed offset to UTC, instead of local
> system time, or a timezone with DST.
>
> Mikkel

I can't answer for his software, but in the Cisco IOS there are settings
for timezones and time servers.  i.e. for US mountain time...

clock timezone MST -7
clock summer-time MDT recurring 2 Sun Mar 2:00 1 Sun Nov 2:00
ntp server xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx prefer

If Cisco developed the software they may have something similar in a
config file somewhere.
--
Steve Lindemann                         __
Network Administrator                  //\\  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
email: mailto:steve at marmot.org
voice: +1.970.242.3331 ext 116
   fax: +1.970.245.7854