bind update keeps messing up write-rights

Steve Searle steve at stevesearle.com
Fri Jul 18 15:59:34 UTC 2008

Around 04:48pm on Friday, July 18, 2008 (UK time), Gijs scrawled:

> Not sure why this is happening so perhaps someone can explain this to me.
> Whenever I update bind it messes up/resets access rights on my zone
> files. Now normally this wouldn't be a bad thing, but because I have
> dynamic updates on, for which named creates journalizing files, I end up
> having non-writeable journalizing files. So after every update I end up
> having to manually change the access rights on my jnl files.
>
> Is anyone else having the same problem and/or is it supposed to be like
> this?

I am having exactly this problem on my CentOS server.  It started
recently and I haven't managed to fix it, or find any more about it yet.

It bugs the hell out of me - if you do get a solution outside this
board can you let me know.

thanks

Steve

--

A:  Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q:  Why is top-posting a bad thing?

 16:51:47 up 21 days,  6:42,  1 user,  load average: 0.33, 0.24, 0.10