Fedora & wireless

MKas no-reply-gw at fcp.surfsite.org
Sat Jul 19 09:09:39 UTC 2008

Hello,
I have Amilo A1650G laptop. I can't use my wireless card (Atheros AR5005G) even now (in F9), because set mode not works, commit not works & much more iwconfig commands. So before ~2 months I buyed new USB Wireless card (Buffalo WLI-U2-KG125S). Everything was fine until today. Today morning  ~12h (GMT +2) I did F9 update and restarted pc. After that I can't use my Wireless card. If I do Ad-hoc mode, then I can set essid but if someone tries to reach me - shows that I'm using key/enc (I can't turn on, only turn off, but nothing happens). If I do Managed mode, then I CAN'T set essid (Writes: Essid: Off/Any). I searched for info, tried everything, but nothing helped me.

So how to turn on essid if "iwconfig wlan0 essid on" do nothing?

https://fcp.surfsite.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=277851&topic_id=59474&forum=10#forumpost277851
If you think, this is spam, please report this to webmaster at fcp.surfsite.org and/or blame mkas at tux.lt.