Firefox update problem

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Sat Jul 19 21:36:19 UTC 2008

Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-07-19 at 15:14 -0500, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
>>> Will this also fix a similar update problem on x86_64 systems?  An
>>> extract from a yum log follows.  The update process is bringing in
>>>         xulrunner-1.9-0.60.beta5.fc9.i386.rpm
>>> (why?) even though a more recent version
>>>         xulrunner-1.9.0.1-1.fc9.i386.rpm
>>> exists on at least some repositories.  A complete log of the update
>>> is attached.
>> I am still seeing that problem as of this morning. It looks like the
>> updated rpm is in the repo, but the metadata for x86_64 doesn't refer
>> to it.
>
> Most likely so.
>
> I've seen a lot of version/dependency problems in the Fedora repos, at
> least those for the x86_64 architecture.  See my recent postings to this
> list.

I was able to update early this afternoon.  In the process, the new
nspluginwrapper.i386 seems to have 4 new .i386 dependencies:  libcurl,
libidn, nss, and sqlite.  Other than that, I was able to update to the
new firefox 3.0.1.

Then again, I waited until they fixed things before updating:  firefox,
epiphany, xulrunner, and yelp.  With the working update came updates for
cpio, system-config-language, and totem.

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome at rcn.com
cummings at kjchome.homeip.net