Why is Fedora not a Free GNU/Linux distributions?

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 19 22:42:33 UTC 2008

--- On Sat, 7/19/08, Antonio Olivares <olivares14031 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> From: Antonio Olivares <olivares14031 at yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: Why is Fedora not a Free GNU/Linux distributions?
> To: fedora-list at redhat.com
> Date: Saturday, July 19, 2008, 3:37 PM
> > I'm beginning to think the GPL was a diabolical
> plan to
> > annoy the heck
> > out of Les, and it succeeded.
> >
> > John
> >
> > --
>
> Not only Les, but many others who do not agree with some of
> the terms in the license :)
>
> This is unfortunate, but the people that work on it should
> make up their minds and leave much doubt which still exists
> :(
Not leave any doubts.  No and/ifs/buts or ors.  That is what I am trying to say.  They have said that they were going to block non GPL modules and they have not, they have tried.  IT is still much of a gray area.  That is what I mean.  Some vendors have found ways of bypassing the GPL requirement, there's some that can be found on the net.