mp3 ripper

Dario Alcocer alcocer at helixdigital.com
Tue Jul 22 01:35:42 UTC 2008

Joseph L. Casale wrote:
>> How specifically do you want filenames generated?  For reference, here
>> are the options available when configuring grip for ripping and encoding:
>>
>> http://www.nostatic.org/grip/doc/ar01s04.html#gripswitches
>>
> I tried the following:
> ~/Music/%A/%d/%t - %a.%x
>
> And it didn't produce very nice names, they were missing the "-" and had
> some other anomalies, this may have had something to do with its misinterpretation
> of the above the line. Any idea how to correctly get what I am after based on that line?

First, you'll probably want to use the following instead for ripping:

~/Music/%A/%d/%t - %a - %n.wav

Ripping produces files in WAV format.  Using .%x as the extension
probably isn't what you want.

Also, check the options under Config, Misc; you'll probably want to
select "Do not lowercase filenames" and "Do not change spaces to
underscores".  This should produce what you want for ripped files.

As for the filename for the encoded file, you'll want to set "Encode
file format" under Config, Encode, Encoder:

~/Music/%A/%d/%t - %a - %n.%x

HTH,

-- D.