eeedora 2.0 ?

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 08:34:54 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 6:01 PM, Clint Savage <herlo1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 8:33 AM, Valent Turkovic
> <valent.turkovic at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> are there anybody interested in working on Eeedora? As I can see by
>> eeedora page (custom Fedora version for Asus eee) [1] it looks like it
>> is dead in the water (please corect me if I'm wrong).
>>
>> I would put al of my talents to work on this project but I'm not a
>> coder so please point me in the right direction. I see Ubuntu doing a
>> much [2] more so I'm wandering it there is not engough Fedorans using
>> Asus eeePC or are they just happy with Xandros or Ubuntu [2] on their
>> Asus eees?
>>
>> [1] http://eeedora.complexvalues.com/
>> [1b] http://wiki.eeeuser.com/howto:eeedora
>> [2] http://www.ubuntu.com/products/mobile
>>

> I've been working on a kickstart for the EEEPC, I'm just about
> finished.  Things are working almost perfectly.
>
> I have it working as a LiveCD right now.
>
> Check out the latest ks file --> http://herlo.fedorapeople.org/files/f9eeepc.ks
>
> Cheers,
>
> Clint
>
> --

I see that you put gnome as the default, but for a such a small laptop
and with limited resources (600Mhz with 512MB RAM) it makes sense to
atleast put some alternative there, I would even go so far to install
gnome but not make it defalt but something that uses less resources.

Valent.

--
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/
ICQ: 2125241, Skype: valent.turkovic