that old GNU/Linux argument

Alexandre Oliva aoliva at redhat.com
Thu Jul 24 20:11:18 UTC 2008

On Jul 24, 2008, Marko Vojinovic <vvmarko at panet.co.yu> wrote:

> Under the hood there is the Linux engine,

> But tell me, what is in principle The Single Most Important element
> of the car? There is only one answer --- the engine.

So, what remains to be justified is why you decided Linux is the
engine rather than say one of the tires.  You present no evidence
whatsoever to support this decision, and it seems entirely arbitrary,
bordering circular logic.  IOW, you arbitrarily chose the elements in
the analogy, without any backing whatsoever, in such a way that they
would support the conclusion you wanted to arrive at.  That's called a
false analogy.  It's caused by circular reasoning.  Unless you have
reasons to support the parallel, that is.  Please share.