SElinux concerning symlink?

Mike mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 22:13:10 UTC 2008

Craig White <craigwhite <at> azapple.com> writes:

> No - you really need a better solution because if anything/anyone
> relabels, the current policy will trash those settings.
>
> Personally, I think you should probably mount what is /opt as /home and
> that would fix most issues.

It would - but that would mean quite a bit of work - for next time round (F10)
I may then need to re-partition to give separate /home and /opt partitions
and then rsync files into them from backups.

Doing this adds a lot to the upgrade process over a reasonable number of
machines.

Also I will be doing another change which looks like it will cause SELinux
issues since I move imap mail from the root partition into /opt so that on
upgrade I still have all past mail available.

Upgrading is a lot easier if /var/spool/mail can be moved out of the root
partition and stored elsewhere.

That will be another story - !!