Announcement: New repo with updated ClamAV packages for Fedora 8

Keith G. Robertson-Turner fedora at slated.org
Sun Jul 27 15:19:31 UTC 2008

Verily I say unto thee, that Erik P. Olsen spake thusly:
> On 27/07/08 03:53, Keith G. Robertson-Turner wrote:
>> Verily I say unto thee, that Bob Marcan spake thusly:

>> (Original subject: clamav 0.93 on Fedora 8)
>>
>>> Will this ever happen ?
>>
>> For some reason the Fedora 8 packages for ClamAV are lagging behind
>> F9, so I've provided updates for the following architectures, based
>> on the Fedora 9 SRPM:
>
> Can it be used for Fedora 7 as well?

I have an F7 box here, so I'll rebuild and test later.

I should really be using mach/mock, but I'm a bit disorganised ATM :)

Also I'm still investigating the legality of building unrar against GPL
sources. I think this is not a question of whether the author gives his
permission to distribute freeware, but more a question of whether GPL
software can be linked to proprietary software. If it is actually linked
rather than a separate binary, then I don't think it's legal, and even
then I'm not sure if they can be distributed in an RPM package together.

Just to be safe, I'm going to disable unrar support and rebuild.

--
Regards,
Keith G. Robertson-Turner