Can I get a word in edgewise here, puhlease?

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Tue Jul 29 00:35:47 UTC 2008

Craig White wrote:

> for the most part, I'm inclined to give Alan Cox and Alexandre Oliva an
> extremely large berth for conversation as they are significant
> contributors to the software we enjoy.
>
> Most (not all) of the other participants are also significant
> contributors at least to the fedora-list so I cut them some slack too.

I disagree with your opinion that just because someone is a contributor (in
your opinion "significant") it gives them the right to press their agendas
on the masses.  And, even if that "right" could be bestowed on the
"contributors" who is empowered to bestow it on them?  You?

> Any discussion that provokes RMS to post is probably a worthwhile
> discussion but I wish the players wouldn't be so pressed to have the
> last word.

As if RMS cares about this list and the opinions expressed herein.

> Yes, the exchanges have exhausted the topic but this is Gene's thread.

I think Gene could have picked a better subject.