F9 cant automount usb drives

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 29 15:45:40 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-07-29 at 15:17 +0200, Herbert Gasiorowski wrote:
> Vassilios Kotoulas wrote:
> > hi,
> >
> > after upgrading from f7 to f9 I cant automount my usb disk. I use gnome,
> > hal is running and when I switch the disk on I see the usual syslog
> > entries. I can also see the drive with fdisk -l. I configurated the
> > authorizations to my user is allowed to mount drives. I can mount the
> > drive as root from command line. selinux is set to permissive. what did
> > I forget?
> >

> I just have the same problem: "none" of my usb sticks will mount automatically
> on Fedora 9, but they will on fedora 7 and 8!
>
> Now I found out that Dolphin (Applications Menu / System Tools) does not have
> any problems with at least one memory stick : It is correctly listed and can be
> mounted!
>
> Maybe it is a Nautilus / Gnome problem ...
This will not help you much but my usb stick mounts and even opens a
nautilus window.  This goes along with my complaint about the missing
functionality of System->Preferences->Hardware that used to allow you to
control that behavior.

Incumbent, n.: Person of liveliest interest to the outcumbents. --
Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net