network configuration file

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Tue Jul 29 23:39:09 UTC 2008

On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 22:59:13 +0200
Christoph H__ger <choeger at cs.tu-berlin.de> wrote:

> Networkmanager (that I am very aware of ;)) is not an option. I should
> have mentioned that I need to assign static ip addresses to some virtual
> machines by editing something in their root-tree.

I find it very convenient to run dhcpd on my virtual machine host
and just config my VMs to get their network setup from DHCP. Unfortunately
the way networks are setup seems to be different on every linux distro,
so it is a pain to track down where the config is stored on different
VMs, but they all talk DHCP (even fedora 9 works if you turn off
worthless NetworkManager and turn back on network :-).