Installing i386 packages via yum on a x86_64 F9 based system

Ubence Quevedo r0d3nt at pacbell.net
Thu Jul 31 16:15:22 UTC 2008

Thank you for the response.

I'm not looking to install the 32-Bit Firefox via yum, because I've already downloaded it from the mozilla website.  I'm trying to run the 32-Bit Firefox and it is complaining about missing libraries.  I fixed this before by getting the i386 version of the libraries via yum, but I can't remember how I got the relevant gtk related i386 libraries I needed.  For example, bugbuddy is one of the dependencies I need, but when I did: yum list *bug*buddy*i386, I didn't get any results back.  So, that is why I thought I needed to get the i386 repo information.

And I'm running the 32-Bit version of Firefox because there is no 64-Bit version of Flash, and I don't feel like running some type of compatibility mode to get it to work.

Does anyone else have any ideas?

Thanx!

-Ubence