Re: VIM Q again

Cameron Simpson wrote:
On 02Jun2008 02:09, Gene Heskett <gene heskett verizon net> wrote:
| Jump tables scattered around in your code, taking up valuable space cuz the | darned thing doesn't have a conditional long branch ability, just for starters.

Hmm. I don't seem to recall needing jump tables, but perhaps my code
was smaller than yours. In fact, I've got some z80 code right here [...]
The long jump JP command allows conditionals. The 8080 might not have;
I never used that, either.  I did have a Z80 macro for measuring the
length of the jump and using a JR instead of a JP where possible, but
JPs definitely allowed conditions.

The 8080/8085 had jump to an absolute address, with or with out conditions, but did not have the jump relative that the Z80 did. So even for a jump of 126 bytes away, you had to use the 3 byte jump instructions.

Mikkel