Re: Using mencoder, dvdauthor and burning a DVD iso - what went wrong in the process ?

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 2:58 PM, Robin Laing <Robin Laing drdc-rddc gc ca> wrote:
> I have a DVD player (RCA) that will only work with one type of DVD.  I
> believe it is DVD+R's.  I had a similar issue with a Sony player as well.
>
> As you state that the files work okay on your computer, then it points to a
> compatibility issue between the computer and DVD player.

I would reiterate this. If DVD+R does not work try DVD-R media and
vice versa. I have seen some DVD players that prefer one media-type
over the other in both cases. Usually, computer drives are far less
picky and will play anything.

Burning slower helps.

Also not all media is built the same so if one brand is not working
for you, try another.

/Mike