Re: Huh? ~/.xsession no longer honored?

On Mon, 2 Jun 2008 17:58:58 -0400
Tom Horsley <tom horsley att net> wrote:

> Finally got enough stuff working on F9 that I thought
> I could finish customizing it the way I have F8, but
> when I create a ~/.xsession script, it don't run it.
> What the heck do I have to do to get gdm to start
> my own custom session script in F9???

OK, I still don't really know what is going on, but I
discovered that the fvwm rpm installed a file named:

/usr/share/xsessions/fvwm.desktop

So I hacked up something similar for a CUSTOM session
that just Exec's $HOME/.xsession, and I can finally
get it to run my own startup script (God I wish people
would stop "improving" things :-).