Re: how to change the default ugly background for gdm?

On Tue, 2008-06-03 at 09:22 -0500, Brian Millett wrote:
> I just can not express how much I deplore the cheese background for
> the GDM screen in F9.

Seconded.  But to me it looks like there's a UFO hovering overhead,
coming down to get you...  ;-)

The whole thing's an ugly retrograde step (loss of options, huge user
picker that can't be avoided, annoying slow animations, and the thing
takes an age to load on a slower computer).

Even the old plain greeter was less crap than this.  I'm thinking of
seeing whether GDM can be replaced, completely.  Perhaps XDM, if I don't
want to go down the KDE route.

--
[tim localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.3-18.fc9.i686