Rick Stevens wrote:

The Z80 had:

    JR idx(unconditional)
    JR Z,idx (jump relative if zero)
    JR NZ,idx (jump relative if non-zero)
    JR C,idx (jump relative if carry)
    JR NC,idx (jump relative if non-carry)

And one of my favorites for loops:

    DJNZ idx (decrement and jump relative if non-zero)

So, yes, the Z80 had conditional relative jumps.  It also had that nice
set of secondary registers...very handy for interrupt processing.

Oh, no! You've started my "flashback" processor running. I'm not going to get any work done today. Please stop. :-) :-)

Whoops!  Sorry!  I know how painful that can be.  I recall the old
4004...damn!  Got me too.  :-)

Programmers' Cheer, circa 1979:

	Rotate Left
	Rotate Right
	Push On
	Pop Off
	Byte!  Byte!  Byte!

- Rick Stevens, Systems Engineer                       rps2 nerd com -
- Hosting Consulting, Inc.                                           -
-               500: Internal Fortune Cookie Error                   -