how to disable global auto replay for certain sender adresses

max maximilianbianco at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 15:33:15 UTC 2008

Götz Reinicke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we do have a fax/voicebox system, which forwards the
> messages/audiorecords as an attachement to users e-mail-address.
>
> The sender-address is  voice/PhoneNumber at mail.filmakademie.de
>
> PhoneNumber is the callers/fax-senders number.
>
> Now, I do have the problem of auto replays to such messages e.g. if
> users are out of office or quota exceeded, as the sender-adresses are no
> real existing addresses, so the mailserver ping-pongs e-mails and
> warnings about unknown users and quotas.

Stab in the dark....

Why not use just one real account to handle the forwarding of messages,
you have worked out already how to get the attachment to the end user,
so the sorting portion is in place. Also you need to figure out how to
erase the messsage once forwarded so you don't get quota alerts though
depending on what system you are using this may not be so simple. Hope
that helps.

--
If opinions were really like assholes the we'd each have just one