Switching virtual terminals

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Jun 6 01:42:35 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-06-06 at 10:27 +1000, Cameron Simpson wrote:
> I think it's Just Ctrl-, not Alt-Ctrl-, from text console land.
> Or just Alt-. But anyway, only one of the modifiers, not both.

It's Alt + function keys.  When in the text consoles, you can ALT+F2 or
CTRL+ALT+F2 on every computer that I've tried it with.  I'm not on
Fedora 9 at the moment to check if that still works both ways, but I'm
fairly sure I've CTRL+ALT+Fx a few times back and forth, on Fedora 9,
over the last few days.

--
(This computer runs FC7, my others run FC4, FC5 & FC6, all using Gnome
 in case that's important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.