How to show password at boot -

I boot my computer every morning usually before 04:00. The room is dark, the only other critters present are two large dogs who have little interest in what I do here. I've been doing this for more than ten years and have never had anyone in the room when I enter the password, much less looking over my shoulder.

I rarely make an error but it would be reassuring if the password would be displayed rather than just a blank line on the plain text screen that I prefer.

Is there a way to display the password?  How can I change that?

This is F8 up to date ...  Upgraded from F7.

Thanks.

Bob Goodwin