Re: Fedora 9 & runlevel 3

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 8:32 PM, Tom Horsley <tom horsley att net> wrote:
On Tue, 03 Jun 2008 20:44:19 -0400
Bob Barrett <bobbrrtt earthlink net> wrote:

> I'd sure like to
> know what other process is running while /bin/login is waiting for me to
> login.

Maybe you could replace telinit with a script that does a ps to a log
file, then execs the original telinit?

I certainly don't have the problem on my fedora 9 virtual machine which
I switched to runlevel 3 after installing it.

Bob.
I suggest you use the Bootchart utility. http://www.bootchart.org
It shows the whole boot process after execution of "init" phase collecting all sort of statistics.
The important issue here is that it shows which programs run when during the whole start up.

Maybe it can help you find up who is starting up GDM

My 2 cents
--
/\_/\
|O O| pepebuho pananet com