make thunderbird NOT show html

Hi all,

It seems that there are many clueless people who could never write a web page but seem to feel more than qualified to send html mail. I am tired of squinting at itty bitty fonts that are rendered by Thunderbird whenever it displays html email. (List denizens, please note: html mail gets an instant delete here; you will receive no help from me.)

Does anybody know how to make Thunderbird display only the text/plain portion of multipart email?

I've set up a filter to delete email with the header "Content-Type: text/html" but that only catches some of it.

A hearty toast to whomever can solve this one.

Thanks,
Mike Wright