Status of F9 and ATI

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Fri Jun 6 22:09:54 UTC 2008

On Fri, 06 Jun 2008 09:44:16 -0600
Phil Meyer <pmeyer at themeyerfarm.com> wrote:

> The updated radeon driver supports the ATI X1000 series cards quite well
> now.

Now there's a bit of good news.

I only installed this ATI card because there was a sort of a "crawl" in the
display when using the on-board Intel graphics, and I was subsequently quite
reluctant to install the proprietary driver, but it seemed to be the only way
to get proper support for this monitor's native resolution.

Ok.. here's another question then:  How can I get rid of the proprietary driver
(installed from Livna) and put this machine back to its previous state so I can
upgrade it to F9 without it?