how to start up vncserver w/o login?

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a small server and am running into an administration
problem. I am testing the effect of an unplanned power outage, currently by
pulling the plug and watching what happens. The A/C power switch is set up so
the unit restarts when power is restored, and ping works after a minute or so
of reboot, as does apache. But I need remote access after I put the machine
into use and I can't log in remotely with VNCviewer unless I go to the server
in person and log in. Then everything is ok, both locally and remotely.

But does anyone know what I need to do to make the vncserver start up without
a user login? And also it should be possible (or perhaps it will happen by
default) that I can log in to the x session after I get access with
vncviewer. References, howtos, pointers to documents welcome.

Dave
--
In modern fantasy (literary or governmental), killing people is the usual
solution to the so-called war between good and evil. My books are not

-- Ursula K. LeGuin