Re: Booting F9 with NO X11

> id:3:initdefault:
>
> --Scott Kidder

The problem was, that I could NOT get to a console in order to change
the inittab file. I added "text" to the boot command line so that I
could get to a console.

After boot, get another virtual terminal session (Alt-Ctrl-F1 through F6)  Just use Alt-Ctrl-F1 or Alt-Ctrl-F2.  Then login as root and update the /etc/inittab as Scott described.  Reboot.  Warning: Never set the initdefault to 6 - your machine will reboot constantly - just keep it to
3 for Text, and 5 for Graphical.
Hope this helps, Ken