Re: Thunderbird Contamination

Jim <mickeyboa <at> sbcglobal.net> writes:

> inbox of Thunderbird and when he tries to read
> New emails they are mixed in with old ones and some of them are blank,
> it just a big box of sh-t .
> I removed his emails and AddressBook from Thunderbird, and deleted and
> reinstalled his AddressBook and old emails

Maybe there is a corrupted profile file. It might be an idea to mv the profile
directory to a new name say .thunderbird.old and then start Thunderbird.Once it
has created a new profile, then close Thunderbird and copy across the mail
and Addressbook - and any key associated files.

There is more advice at
http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/profile