I HATE Evolution ! Thunderbird ?

Chris racerx at makeworld.com
Mon Jun 9 18:55:31 UTC 2008

On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 12:31:54 -0600
linuxguy <linuxguy123 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2008-06-09 at 19:21 +0100, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > On Monday 09 June 2008 19:08:46 linuxguy wrote:
> > > My email setup is 6 different gmail accounts, being sorted into
> > > about 25 folders via rules.   The largest folder has about
> > > 150,000 messages in it.  The smallest one has 5,000 messages in
> > > it.
> > >
> > > Is anyone using Thunderbird like this ?  How does it compare ?
> > > How hard is it to move over to it ?
> >
> > I don't recall what choices Tbird gives you, but whatever you do,
> > don't put that number of messages into mbox folders.  That isn't
> > what you have now, by any chance, is it?  If so, that's the cause
> > of your problem.
>
> I've got a folder with 150,000 messages, yes.

This is the exact reason why I don't use T-Bird. I HATE the idea that
all mail is stored into one file (mbox) sorta reminds me of the way
Outlook doe things.

I use Claws-Mail (stores in maildir) and keeping 75,000 mails per sub
category is still blazing fast over mbox.

--
Best regards,

Chris

	"There's no place like 127.0.0.1"