NetworkManager: how to select wireless interface

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Mon Jun 9 23:53:14 UTC 2008

Matthew Saltzman wrote:

> Then you select the one you want and it will try to connect.  If you've
> connected to one before (based on BSSID, IIRC), it will try to connect
> you to that one automatically.  Otherwise, you get to choose.

I know this is the theory, but it isn't like that for me.
If NM is not working (5% of the time) no ESSID comes up;
I have to "Connect to Other Wireless Network"
and give the ESSID and encryption code.

One couldn't say it doesn't do what it says,
as NM doesn't tell you what it's meant to do.
But it doesn't do for me what other people say it does for them,
ie remember the last connection.