Switching virtual terminals

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Jun 10 06:38:19 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-06-09 at 22:56 -0400, Jim Dever wrote:
> Well you won't believe this but I found the problem.  This keyboard
> has ALT keys on both sides of the space bar.  The one on the left
> works fine.  Switches terminals and even takes me back to X.  The ALT
> key on the right does nothing.  How's that for strange!

I hadn't considered that.  But as Patrick said, they'd produce different
codes, and it'd depend on your keyboard mapping as to what purpose the
right ALT key is set up for.  For many people, it's not a duplicate of
the left ALT key function, but has an entirely different role.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.4-30.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.