Re: Firefox 3 beta on Fedora 9 uses lots of IO after start

Brian C. Huffman wrote:
I don't know for sure, but I think this must have been fixed by rc2 (based on my current performance).  I couldn't live with the IO thrashing in b5.

I just downloaded the binary from mozilla.org and installed it under /usr/lib/firefox-3.0rc2 and changed the references in /usr/bin/firefox.  My performance is *much* better now.

Once they get an RPM out, I'll switch.  But for now, I'm able to actually work.

-b
Thanks for letting me know that RC2 is fixed for this issue, sounds like the way to go. You're right about how inconvenient it is. :-)