Re: fedora yum repo down?

Bruno Wolff III wrote:
On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 14:58:27 -0700,
  "Wolfgang S. Rupprecht" <wolfgang rupprecht+gnus200806 gmail com> wrote:
Bruno Wolff III <bruno wolff to> writes:
On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 13:45:20 -0700,
  "Wolfgang S. Rupprecht" <wolfgang rupprecht+gnus200806 gmail com> wrote:
Is the fedora yum repo down or is my named acting up in some strange
way?  It doesn't look like mirrors.fedoraproject.org is resolving.
This might be related to thread with the subject:
Problem with fedoraproject.org DNS?
I just checked the main fedora-list list server and can't see it.
Might you have seen it on a developer mailing list?

Yeah I didn't check that until after my reply. I have all of my fedora
lists go to the same folder.

   https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2008-June/thread.html

Do you recall the explanation for DNS problem?

I haven't seen one yet. From the description its the kind of issue you
get when changing what servers are providing DNS for a domain and things
aren't coordinated well. But I don't know if there was a provider change
or not.

I am seeing consistant dns info from a .org name server I checked. It may
be that the cache the person who started that other thread was using, had
some out of date information.

No, the DNS service is definitely having issues.  It resolves every once
in a while, then the DNS servers aren't available.
- Rick Stevens, Systems Engineer                       rps2 nerd com -
- Hosting Consulting, Inc.                                           -
-     There are only 10 kinds of people in the world -- those who    -
-                 understand binary and those who don't              -